Date of last revision: Dec 10, 2018.
- This document explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with our System. In this document when we use the term (a) “we” or “us” it is a reference to Dopel Pty Ltd ACN 160 666 437; and (b) “System” is a reference to the Dopel social media platform which includes our website, and apps.
- 2.1. Generally, the only personal information we collect about you is that which you choose to tell us, or the personal information which we obtain from others.
- 2.2. We may also collect information from someone who refers our System to you, or through your use of our System.
- 2.3. We collect personal information which we consider relevant in providing and promoting our System to you, operating our System, and suggesting and promoting things of interest to you.
- 2.4. The kinds of personal information we collect includes, your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, your usage data, your interests, details of what you view in our System, and your computer’s IP address.
- 2.5 We hold personal information in electronic form, but we may from time to time store personal information in paper form.
- 3.1. We use your personal information to allow you to use the System or to have one of our affiliates, resellers or partners provide goods or services to you.
- 3.2. We may also hold and use your personal information to provide services, promote and market goods and services to you, to maintain and develop our business systems including other websites we operate, to provide customer service, for traffic analysis, and to comply with the law.
- 3.3. If you do not provide us with all or part of the personal information we require, it may prevent us from carrying out the things we have stated in clause 3.1 and 3.2.
- 3.4. If you receive promotional material you may choose to ‘opt out’ of receiving this information, just let us know.
- 4.1. We will not sell your personal information without your consent, unless we sell or assign our business or any part of it.
- 4.2. We may choose to disclose your personal information (for the purposes of in clause 3 of this document) to our contractors, service providers, our agents, government authorities, our advertisers and any other party who may assist us in providing services to you, or providing you with use of the System, or in promoting or marketing the System to you, or any party who purchases or seeks to purchase our business (or any part of it including a website).
- 4.3 We may provide your personal information to our service providers, contractors and partners who are located overseas, who may use your information in order to assist us to provide services to you, to enable use of the System, to display advertisements on our websites, to maintain our systems, or to provide you with customer support.
- 5.2. A cookie is a small file we store on your computer which holds the information we outlined in clause 5.1. Every time you visit our System we can view this information.
- 5.3 We may provide data recovered from cookies to our service providers who may use that data to serve advertisements in the System.
- 5.4 You may clear or disable cookies from within your web browser, where you do some of our services may not function properly or at all.
- 6.1. We store your information in both electronic form and paper form.
- 6.2. We take all reasonable precautions to protect these records from misuse or unauthorised access by using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
- 6.3. It is our practice to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed, but we must keep your files for the period required by law, after which time they may be destroyed.
- 7.1. When you provide us with personal information (or other third parties) provide us with personal information, we assume that it is correct unless you tell us otherwise.
- 7.2. Unless we know that personal information is incorrect, we cannot correct it. You can assist us, by telling us when the information we hold has changed and is no longer accurate.
- 7.3. If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, you can do so by making a request to us. You can contact us at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback and Complaints
- 8.1. We welcome any questions or comments and invite you to contact us.
- 8.2. We may amend this policy from time to time, to make sure that it is accurate and up to date.
- 8.3 If you have a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds us you can lodge a complaint with: (a) The Privacy Officer, who assess your complaint and respond to you within 28 days; and (b) if you are unsatisfied in the way our Privacy Officer has handled your complaint you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at email@example.com, www.privacy.gov.au, or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
- 8.4 You can contact us as follows Email: firstname.lastname@example.org